BY CAR (FROM THE SOUTH)
1. Follow A1 from the south.
2. Exit onto A184 toward Gateshead/Newcastle (Centre).
3. Merge onto A184.
4. Take the A184/A189 ramp to Gateshead town centre/Newcastle.
5. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Askew Rd/A184.
6. Turn left onto High St/A167.
7. Continue onto A167(M).
8. Take the A1058 exit on the right toward Tynemouth & East/Seaport/Jesmond/B1600.
9. As lanes converge be prepared to move to the left lane.
10. From left lane (you will see Jesmond Parish Church on your left) turn left at traffic lights onto Osborne Rd (B1600).
11. Turn left at 1st set of traffic lights and immediately left again.
12. Continue down Eslington Terrace, bear left, and the church is in front.
13. Parking is 'Pay and Display' in Eslington Terrace, Eslington Road and Eskdale Terrace. Parking is free on Sundays only.
BY CAR (FROM THE NORTH)
1. Follow A1 from the north. Do not take road to Tyne Tunnel.
2. One mile after the exit to Tyne Tunnel (and Holiday Inn), take first exit to Gosforth and Newcastle North.
3. Take 2nd exit off roundabout and keep straight on for about 3 miles, passing Asda and Gosforth High Street.
4. At the roundabout after Gosforth High Street, continue straight on (Town Moor to right).
5. Straight on at traffic lights, keep left, after half a mile road splits (signs to "All Routes South"). Keep left, and take sharp left turn to Brandling Village and Jesmond.
6. Go straight on along Clayton Road. Just before 1st set of lights turn right and proceed down Eslington Terrace, bear left, and the church is in front.
7.Parking is 'Pay and Display' in Eslington Terrace, Eslington Road and Eskdale Terrace. Parking is free on Sundays only.
The church is located immediately opposite the exit from Jesmond Metro station.
- From Newcastle Central Station take Metro (direction either 'Airport' or 'St James via Coast') to Jesmond (3 stops / Journey time: 4 mins / Frequency: 3-8 minutes)
- From the Airport, take Metro to Jesmond (10 stops / Journey time: 20 mins / Frequency: 12-15 mins)
Multiple bus routes run along Sandyford Road (approx 400m south of the church).
More information on public transport can be found at: myjourney.nexus.org.uk
WALKING AND CYCLING
- From Newcastle University Robinson Library (5 min walk): Head north-east to Windsor Place, cross central motorway using the underpass and continue 200m. JPC is on your left.
- From Northumbria University (10 mins walk): Cross Sandyford Road and head north with the Civic Centre on your left. At the second roundabout turn left up the hill (Link Road) to Windsor Terrace. Turn right, cross central motorway using the underpass and continue 200m. JPC is on your left.
More information on cycle routes in Newcastle can be found at: newcastle.cyclestreets.net
Outdoor cycle stands are available at all of our buildings, as well as outside Jesmond Metro station.
N.B. Bicycles should be securely locked and are left at owners risk.